Thursday, September 17, 2009

Seth Does Laundry and Not Much Else..

Hello Once again!

Well, I promised not to let real life get too far ahead of my blog, so I figured that now would be a good time to catch you all up on the happenings here in Jerusalem!

Monday morning began as normal, with Tefillah, breakfast, and Ulpan. But then something exciting happened at 2 pm! Instead of walking down and across the campus, to my Jerusalem class, we walked to the bus and went back to Beit Nativ! Turns out, that this week, we only have Jerusalem class on Sunday and Thursday, which means that we get to go back to base, and chill for the rest of the night! Boo Ya!!!!

So when I got back at 2:30 on Monday, I sat in my bed, thinking about things that I could go to kill time, since I didn’t have any homework that was do the next day (if I was at home, mom would have told me to get ahead.) But I’m not at home, so I did other things, such as… LAUNDRY! I took my big, very heavy bag of clothes, and brought it downstairs to the laundry room, and started to do 2 loads! Turns out that knowing how to do your laundry is something that is

a) Extremely useful
b) Important to know before you leave for college/Israel

So, with that being said, I must say thank you to Ann Lerman for grounding me so many times that I now know how to do my own laundry! (Just kidding mom!) [But seriously. She did]

I spent the rest of Monday night relaxing and not doing much of anything else. I studied for the quiz I had in my Ulpan class the next day (we have one almost everyday)

Lets see… I don’t mean to sound boring, but basically every night this past week I’ve stayed in, and done random things, such as studying and what not… but I’ll give you a list of semi-exciting things that have been happening around here.

a) On Monday, I tried out for the nativ acapella group. I know it’s kinda ironic, because I have a terrible voice, but I feel like there is enough talent in the group, that if I don’t sing soo loud, you wont notice me. Which would be clutch. So yeah. I’ll let you know how that works out.

b) On Wednesday, I had an interview for Magen David Adom (the Jewish red cross) to see if I could qualify for the training program. If I were to get accepted, it would only be for the first semester when I am in Israel. I still want to help teach English to students second semester… they asked me 2 questions in Hebrew, and I was totally lost, so they asked again in English, and I responded in (very basic) Hebrew. They asked my questions such as “do you want to go intoa medical field after college?” and “why do you want to do this?” I think I did pretty decently… we’ll see how it turns out..

c) Today in Jerusalem class, we did something new, that was totally amazing. This Jerusalem class really kinda bores me a lot because I know a lot of what we are talkig about and until today, been to all of the places that we’ve gone to. Today, we were learning about the Christian view of Jerusalem, which was totally intresting, and informative. We learned the history and life of Jesus, starting from where he was born to where he was crucified. I never knew much about Christianity, and I thought it was interesting to learn so much! Afterwards, we went to the church where Jesus was crucified.

If you look at this picture, under the table is a hole in the ground where the cross was planted during the crucifixion. The lady in this picture is kneeling down and kissing and praying at the site.



This picture shows you where Jesus was taken into the cave after he died. It was also here when his pupils came 2 days later, and couldn’t find him (Easter Sunday).




It was an incredibly interesting day and I learned so much. I think today inspired me to take a religion class while here in Israel.

Alright. That’s about all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment